Application deadline: Prolonged deadline to 15 November
The competition is open to pianists who are at least 16 years on February 19, 2019 and no more than 30 years old on February 24, 2019.
In order to participate in the 9th Nordic Piano Competition applicants have to fulfill one of the following conditions:
- Citizen or permanent resident of any of the Nordic countries: Finland, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, or Denmark
- Citizen of any other country and currently studying at a music institution in any of the Nordic countries
- Full time Erasmus/Nordplus student (or any other official exchange program) in any of the Nordic countries
Applications should be sent electronically to email: email@example.com
The following files should be attached with the application (in Word File):
- Application form including applicant’s name, date of birth, address, phone number, email, and optional website link.
- Repertoire list for competition rounds. Last date to change the repertoire is December 5, 2019
- 2 links to video performances with description of repertoire (Only YouTube links will be accepted) required for the preliminary video round.
(However, pianists who have been Finalists, Semifinalists, or accepted pianists to the round 2 in any WFIMC competition for piano Solo are accepted to the Nordic Piano Competition without preselection videos. Copy of the document form the competition is obligatory)
- Copy of passport or equivalent proof of age and nationality
- Certificate of studies, if the applicant is not a Nordic citizen
-Official photograph in COLOR, high resolution.The file should have your name (JPG file should be at least 2 MB).
Biography for publications (IN ENGLISH) min. 250 max. 300 words
- Copy of payment of the application fee
Applicants selected to participate will be notified by no later than November 1, 2018.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Preliminary video round rules
Write a clear description of the repertoire.
Each Video must include:
1. One movement from a sonata by Haydn, Mozart, Clementi, Schubert or Beethoven
2. A free choice virtuoso etude
The participation fee is 70 Euro and should be paid with bank transfer to:
STIFTELSEN INGESUND PIANO FOUNDATION
Bank account information:
IBAN: SE71 8000 0843 1905 3133 9802
For Swedish participants:
Svenskt clearingnummer: 8431-9 (Westra Wermlands Sparbank)
Svenskt kontonummer: 53 133 980-2
Note: The participation fee has to be paid in Euros or SEK (700 SEK) and will not be refunded in case of non-attendance, withdrawal, or elimination during the preliminary round.
All phases of the 8th Nordic Piano Competition will be open to public.
Preliminary video round
Round 1 – 30 pianists will be selected
Round 2 – 10 pianists will be selected
Pre-qualification Finals – 6 pianists will be selected
Finals (with orchestra) - 3 pianists will be selected
In the Pre-qualification Finals, competitors will perform an entire concerto choosen for the finals with second piano accompaniment.
In the Finals, 3 pianists will be selected to perform with Wermland Opera Orchestra. The remaining three competitors from the Pre-qualification Finals will be awarded Finalist Diplomas.
Last day of changing the repertoire is December 5, 2019
The jury reserves the right to stop any performance that overruns the time limit.
All competitors must perform all the repertoire by heart.
Repertoire presented in the Preliminary Video Round may be repeated in either Round One or Round Two.
Repertoire presented in Round One may not be repeated in Round Two.
Drawing of lots
Drawing of lots will establish the order of playing in the competition and it will take place January 15, 2019. The Drawing of lots will be officially done by the Competition Board. Schedule of the Round 1 will be published on the official website latest January 16, 2019.
In any case of unexpected situations, the Competition Board is entitled to change the order of playing.
Jury reserves the right not to award a prize; The Jury's decisions are final.
In case of parity of opinions, the president of the jury takes the final decision.
Pianists may not contact or speak with any member of the jury as long as they continue to compete in the Competition. Any violation of this rule may disqualify the pianist.
No appeal shall be possible against the decisions of the Jury.
Jury members may not vote for any current or previous students.
Accommodation and Travel
Each competitor is responsible for all costs including accommodation and travel that may be incurred by participation in the Competition.
Audio and Video Recordings and Live Streaming during the competition
The 8th Nordic Piano Competition is sole holder of the rights to all video or audio recordings and Internet broadcasts in all stages of the competition. Competitors give to the Nordic Piano Competition, the rights to the following:
- Performances of works during the whole competition, performances of works during the concerts for participants and the Final Concert, photographed and recorded images taken during participation in the competition and the concerts. These rights are unlimited in time and space for the following purposes: recording, reproduction (all forms), trading, placing on computer memory, internet or other networks, public play-back and performance, exhibiting, screening, renting, leasing, broadcasting by wired or wireless sound or vision by terrestrial or satellite stations, simultaneous and integral radio and television transmission and retransmission. The exploitation of these rights in the ways set out above will be carried out by individuals, firms, radio and television stations and record labels authorized to do so by the Nordic Piano Competition.
All prize winners are obliged to take part in the Final Concert and to be present at the distribution of prizes. Should a prize winner not appear, he/she can lose the claim to prizes; on such matters the Competition Board (managing the competition) shall decide.
All organizational decisions concerning the Competition remain the responsibility of the Competition Board. The Board reserves the right to make all final decisions in the event of any misunderstanding.
By signing the application form for the competition, each competitor agrees with all terms of the present regulations. No competitor shall be engaged in any other professional commitments during the competition.
Deadline for the application is 15 October 2018
Prolonged deadline to 15 November
Applications should be sent electronically and all documents
(in Word File) should be attached to an email sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include: