19-24 FEB 2019
Please copy the text to the WORD document and fill in following information and send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2. Date of Birth:
4. Email (parents or the participants):
5. Mobile phone number (parents or the participant):
6. Nordic Country represented:
8. Name of the present teacher/s:
9. Youtube link and repertoire description no 1 Virtuosic work :
10. Youtube link and repertoire description no 2 Free choice work:
11. Repertoire and duration of each work:
1. Virtuosic work (can be the same as in the pre- selection video)
2. Free choice repertoire
1. Copy of Passport or equivalent proof of age and nationality, or copy of the permanent residence proof.
2. Official photograph in COLOR with a clear name indication (JPG file min 4 MB large) suitable for publicity purposes.
3. Biography for publications (IN ENGLISH) approx. 100 words.
4. Copy of the payment of the applications fee
We are really delighted to announce, that the 1st Nordic Junior Competition will take place at Musikhögskolan Ingesund in Arvika 23/02.2019. For this week Musikhögskolan Ingesund is very proud to become the center of piano culture in Scandinavia. We are very happy to host the most promising and brilliant young pianists from the Nordic countries and we are happy to hear them on stage at our institution.
The complete competition will be professionally video-streamed live worldwide.
We want to express our sincere gratitude to Blüthner Pianos for years of co-operation with this competition and we are eager to listen to the famous golden sound of a Blüthner Grand Piano on our stage in the hands of the best pianists from the Nordic countries.
The competition board warmly welcomes all contestants to Ingesund and Arvika. We are also happy to give the opportunity to the audience in Arvika and Värmland to listen to all participants, and we encourage you all not to miss any of the performances this week as it will be a real celebration of the Art of Piano, and we are very happy to share it with you all!
Prof. Julia Mustonen-Dahlkvist
President of the Jury: prof. Julia Mustonen-Dahklvist
Age 12-15 Category 1
Age 15-18 Category 2
Candidates form Category 1, can choose to apply to compete in older category.
Video pre-selection repertoire:
1. One work in virtuoso character (for ex. etude or toccata)
2. One work of a free choice 5-10 min.
Max. 12 pianists will be accepted to compete in each category
Category 1: Max 10 min. free repertoire (should include one work of virtuoso character)
Category 2: Max. 15 min. free repertoire (should include one work of virtuoso character)
Saturday, 23 February 2019
Category 1: 10.00-12.00
Category 2: 13.00-17.00
18.00 Award Ceremony
Category 1: 40 euro (or 400 SEK)
Category 2: 50 euro (or 500 SEK)
IBAN: SE71 8000 0843 1905 3133 9802
Svensk clearingnummer: 8431-9 (Westra Wermlands Sparbank)
Svensk kontonummer: 53 133 980-2
Kontoinnehavare: STIFTELSEN INGESUND PIANO FOUNDATION
Prizes in each category:
1st Prize in Nordic Junior Piano Competition- 5000 SEK, Diploma and Cup
2nd Prize in Nordic Junior Piano Competition- 3000 SEK, Diploma and Cup
3rd Prize in Nordic Junior Piano Competition- 1000 SEK, Diploma and Cup
Each of the invited 12 pianists in both Categories will be awarded a Finalist Diploma of the 1st Nordic Junior Piano Competition
All prizes are sponsored by Westra Werlmands Sparbank
Special prizes to be announced.
Application deadline 1 December 2018
Video Preselection results 15 December 2018
Copyright The 9th Nordic Piano Competition. All rights reserved.